2. To install packages from sources instead of simple zip archives, you will need git, svn, fossil or hg depending on how the package is version-controlled.
3. Windows, Linux or OSX server.
1. Download the Composer executable for you using the command –
2. Run the following command inside the user’s home folder or where ever they specify via SSH –
curl -sS https://getcomposer.org/installer | php
3. Make sure the file is set to be owned by that user, by running this command-
chown username:username composer.phar; chown username:username error_log
You can install composer to a specific directory by using the –install-dir option and providing a target directory. Options must be appended to — so that PHP ignores them, like — –install-dir=bin.
Example : php composer-setup.php –install-dir=bin
You can specify the filename (default: composer.phar) using the –filename option.
Example : php composer-setup.php –filename=composer–version
You can install composer to a specific release by using the –version option and providing a target release.
Example : php composer-setup.php –version=1.0.0-alpha8
Let me know if you’ve any questions.