Alldeb is a simple shell script program artificial Nifa Dwi Kurniawan from Indonesia Ubuntu Forum to assist the installation of Ubuntu applications without a live Internet connection. Alldeb same concept with Windows .exe or .dmg on Mac OS X. The concept is the same, namely single offline installer.
One thing to note, the composition of APT package installed on each computer is unique. Packages that are required to install Gimp applications on my computer, it may be different from the packages required to install Gimp on my friend’s computer. So even in other computers.
Then, how to alldeb_maker on my computer can make alldeb composition suitable to install the application on my friend’s computer? Well, I need is a computer APT profile my friends.
So, the first condition for use alldeb_maker is that we must have a copy of the file / var / lib / dpkg / status of the computers that we are needed.
– If my computer 32-bit Ubuntu 12:10 while my friend 64-bit Ubuntu 12:10 -> can not
Reason: The difference in architecture
– If my computer while my friend’s Ubuntu Ubuntu 12:04 12:10 -> do
Reason: 12:04 Ubuntu using the Ubuntu repository Ubuntu Precise 12:10 while using the Ubuntu repository Quantal
– If my computer while my friend Xubuntu 12.04.1 12.04.2 Lubuntu -> can
Reason: Both use repository Ubuntu Precise
– If my computer while my friend Kubuntu 12.04.1 LinuxMint 13 (Ubuntu-based) -> can be, but probably not all applications
Reason: LinuxMint 13 can use the packages from the Ubuntu repository Precise, but there are parts that are not derived from the repository Ubuntu Precise
2. Extract to your Home.
3. Preview. You get 3 files: alldeb_user, alldeb_maker, ebook_alldeb.pdf. You will only wear alldeb_user.
2. Type the command sudo alldeb.sh and enter your password
3. Open File window appears titled Select File alldeb.sh
4. Navigate to the direction alldeb package you have. For example, wine * .alldeb. Click 2 times or press Open.
5. You will see the Terminal you ask for input. You are given the option to install or the other. Type in the number, which is 1 and then press Enter.
6. Alldeb program will install what you alldeb package contents (ie applications Wine and dependencies in this example). Wait for it to finish.
7. IMPORTANT: You must pay attention to the Terminal to completion on some kind of package alldeb. Because there are certain programs that the installation requires additional input from you, such as Wine. Zoom pink / blue as shown below. If it happens, then press TAB until OK writing basic tinted red / blue, and press ENTER instead of clicks. Do it until it runs out pink appearance.
9. Check your Ubuntu menu. Supposedly installed applications can be found there. Thus you alldeb package installation finished successfully.